What will your Journey Be ? – Discover Freemasonry
What will your journey be?
Berkshire Freemasonry is where individuals come to experience an amazing life long journey of self discovery and learning. Feel a sense of challenge and curiosity. Connect, Share laughter among friends. Build and support communities together.
Some things to help you on the way:
- Experience an amazing, personalised, life long journey of self-discovery and self-knowledge with the help of a like-minded fraternity of men with shared values. The Members’ Pathway provides a structured programme and supports members to develop and undertake this journey of self discovery
- Receive guidance and encouragement to find the ways and the means to develop yourself from within, into a stronger, more complete person. (Learning and Development programme, Mentoring programme, Care team programme)
- Develop an understanding of the ways and traditions of ancient lodges of stonemasons and their relevance to today’s world. – ( Learning and Development programme, Solomon)
- Take part in Masonic meetings and fascinating ceremonies that are normally followed by a dinner or banquet
- Develop personal confidence and skills by involvement in Lodge ceremonies and proceedings, supported by regular classes of instruction (The Members’ Pathway, Learning and Development, Mentoring)
- Join an International organisation with 6 million worldwide, members with shared values
- Visit other Lodges in the UK and enjoy the fellowship of new acquaintances
- Build life-long camaraderie with people who share the same values and spirit of good citizenship
- Take part in social and charitable activities and events with families, wives and partners
- Provide community support and help with charitable activities
Values – The Way We Do Things
Berkshire Freemasons, are guided by four important principles that help define our path through life: integrity, friendship, respect and charity.
Integrity: Building good people
Berkshire Freemasons are focused on building themselves as people of integrity and membership provides the structure to help achieve that goal.
Friendship – Building together
Berkshire Freemasonry welcomes people from all religions and political persuasions, and provides the common foundation for friendships between members, many of which will last for life.
Respect: Building unity
Berkshire Freemasonry brings people together irrespective of their race, religion or any other perceived differences that can divide us as a society.
Charity: Building Compassion
Kindness and charitable giving are deeply ingrained within the principles of Berkshire Freemasonry. The organisation provides a support structure that helps members make positive contributions to communities and worthwhile causes through fundraising events or volunteer work.
The fifth principle important to Berkshire Freemasonry is;
Fun: Building Enjoyment
Enjoyment, entertainment, good humour and a supportive environment reflect the way in which we work and relax together.
What will YOUR journey be? JOIN US TODAY
Becoming a Freemason
Becoming a Freemason means you’ll be joining more than 200,000 members throughout England and Wales, as well as Districts overseas.
Membership is open to any man over the age of 21 irrespective of their race or religion. In total, we have more than 7,000 Lodges, with students over 18 able to join one of the 85 University Scheme Lodges. Women are invited to join one of two female-only Grand Lodges: The Order of Women Freemasons and Freemasonry for Women.
How do I join?
If you don’t know anyone who is a Freemason that you can talk to please click the Contact Us button and complete the form, then someone will be back to you shortly.