Freemasonry in Abingdon since 1863
Abbey Lodge No 945 was consecrated on 30th April 1863 and at that time was part of the Masonic Province of Berkshire and Buckinghamshire. For the first 153 years, meetings were held in the Council Chamber at the Abingdon Guildhall but currently meetings are at the Cosenor’s House in Abingdon-On-Thames.
Our friendly lodge welcomes potential new members as well as enquiries about the nature of Freemasonry, what we do, who may join and what is involved in doing so.
We are part of a worldwide fraternity of men who seek to aid personal development so that we may better serve the community we live in. And wherever a Freemason may travel to he is certain to be welcomed by the local Masonic community.