Loyal Berkshire Lodge of Hope No. 574

Newbury Masonic Centre,
London Road,
Newbury,
RG14 1JN

Contact Us:

Email – s0574@berkspgl.org.uk
Twitter –
Facebook – LoyalBerkshireLodgeOfHope574
Website – hopelodge574.org.uk

logo-big

The Loyal Berkshire Lodge of Hope was founded in 1850 and is a very active Lodge, meeting 8 times a year on the first Tuesday of January (or a week later if this clashes with New Years Day), February, March, April, May, October (Installation), November and December.

The Lodge Warrant from Grand Lodge is dated 21st March 1850 and bears the signature of the Earl of Zetland, Grand Master, with its original number 839.  This number lasted until 1863, when Grand Lodge carried out a general renumbering to close gaps and it became 574. The original seal is still in the display cabinet at Newbury Masonic Centre along with the oldest surviving minute book dating back to October 1861.  The Lodge is the third oldest in Berkshire being preceded by The Etonian Lodge of St John No 209 in 1813 and Reading Lodge of Union No 414 in 1833.  The Lodge has had many meeting places, notably the White Heart Tavern, The Three Tuns (now named The Elephant at the Market) 
the Council Chamber, the Congregational School Room, the Temperance Hall, the Oddfellows' Hall, Own Premises off Northbrook Street, and Clarendon Gardens London Road, the present Newbury Masonic Centre.

Today, Hope Lodge continues to thrive with a large and active membership and, with our welcoming attitude, we are looking to expand further.  So we are very keen to hear from anyone interested in joining us as a member and Brother of Hope Lodge.