The Provincial Executive 2017-18
ANTHONY HOWLETT-BOLTON OBE
PROVINCIAL GRAND MASTER
Anthony was born in 1952 in Buckinghamshire and has two sons, five grandchildren and two dogs. He lives in Chalfont St Peter. He is a keen photographer and gardener and maintains a keen interest in the law – both criminal and civil – as well as International Security and Justice reform.
Anthony has spent the majority of his career in the police force, rising to senior ranks in The Thames Valley and Bedfordshire Police forces. He also spent several years as an International Senior Strategic Security and Justice Advisor with the UK Stabilisation Unit. Whilst in the Police service, he gained a first-class BA from the University of Reading and is a Fellow of Chartered Management Institute and The Security Institute.
Anthony was awarded and OBE in 2016 for his work with ex-offenders through the Langley House Trust.
He was installed on 26th February 2018 as The Provincial Grand Master of Berkshire by the MW the Pro Grand Master. Anthony’s progress in Freemasonry was:
- Initiated into Sandhurst Lodge in 1980 but due to work pressures had to resign and re-joined in 2007 and was Master in 2010
- Joined Berkshire Masters in 2011 and held the office of Lodge Mentor in 2014
- Joined the Berkshire Provincial Grand Stewards Lodge in 2012 following his appoint as Steward and held the offices of Junior Deacon & Secretary
- Joined the Sandhurst Royal Arch Chapter in 1983 but, once again due to work pressures had to resign and re-joined in 2008 and was First Principal in 2011. He joined Berkshire First Principals in 2012.
- Joined the Mark degree in 2015 and is a member of Caduceus Lodge of Mark Master Masons. He is also a member of the Antient & Accepted Rite (Rose Croix)
- Provincial Grand Steward 2011
- Provincial Mentor 2014
- Provincial Assistant Grand Master 2015
- Provincial Deputy Grand Master 2016
- Junior Grand Deacon 2016
- Provincial Grand Master 2018
Royal Arch Honours
- Past Grand Sword Bearer of the United Grand Lodge of England 2017
- Provincial Grand Standard Bearer in Berkshire Royal Arch 2014
- Grand Sojourner 2018
DEPUTY PROVINCIAL GRAND MASTER
Peter was born in 1948 and is married to Tina and they have three daughters and, so far two grandchildren. The family home is near Maidenhead. Apart from managing the family business, Peter relaxes by extensive dog walks and looking after the fabric of the house.
Peter has managed the family business in Maidenhead for over 50 years and has taken an active part in the business life of the town. He has been Chair of the local Citizens Advice Bureau, President of the Maidenhead Chamber of Commerce and Chair of the Berkshire Valuation Tribunal. He is also Chairman and Trustee of the Louis Baylis Charitable Trust which owns the Baylis Media Group.
Peter was invested as the Deputy Provincial Grand Master of Berkshire on 26th February 2018 by the new PGM and in the presence of the MW Pro Grand Master. His progress in freemasonry is as follows:
- Initiated into Berries Lodge in 1971 and was Master in 1979 and in its centenary year 2002.
- Exalted into Ellington Chapter in 1978 and was First Principal in 1989 and 1990. Joined Berkshire First Principals in 1991 and was First Principal in 2013
- Advanced into Jersey Mark Lodge in 1974 and was Master in 1985. Founding SW of Linden Acre Mark Lodge in 1981 and was Master in 1985
- Elevated into Jersey Lodge of Royal Ark Mariners in 1979 and was Commander in 1987. Founder of Linden Acre Lodge of Royal Ark Mariners in 1984 and was Commander in 1987. Founder of The Berkshire and Oxfordshire installed Commanders Lodge of Royal Ark Mariners in 1994 and was Commander in 2006
- Is also a member of Rose Croix, Knights Templar, Royal & Select Masters and The Royal Order of Scotland.
- Past Junior Grand Deacon of UGLE
- PPGSN 2008
- PGM of Berkshire Mark 2007-12
- Deputy PGM 2018
ASSISTANT PROVINCIAL GRAND MASTER
Julian was born in 1951 and is married to Sara; they have two daughters and several Grandchildren. They live near Bramley in Hampshire. Julian has a keen interest in classic cars – owning several – and plays golf.
Julian has spent his career in property and property development. He had director roles in the house building sector with Berkeley Group; Trident Group; and Barratt Developments. Since 1996 he has had his own town planning and property development consultancy and works across Southern England.
Julian was invested as Assistant Provincial Grand Master on 26th February 2018 by the PGM and in the presence of the MW Pro Grand Master. His progress in Freemasonry is as follows:
- Initiated into Ashley Hill Lodge in 1995 and was Master in 2002 and 2003.
- Joined Berkshire Masters in 2003 and Berkshire Provincial Stewards Lodge in 2004
- Join Aldworth Lodge in 2014 and was Master in 2016
- Joined Berkshire Provincial Grand Stewards in 2004
- Exalted into The Sons of Kendrick Chapter in 2008 and was First Principal in 2015
- Advanced into Jersey Mark Lodge in 1996 and was Master in 2008
- Elevated into Jersey Lodge of Royal Ark Mariners in 1998 and was commander in 2009
- Assistant Provincial Grand Master 2016
- Past Senior Grand Deacon of UGLE 2017
- Past Provincial Grand Master Overseer
- Assistant Provincial Grand Master 2018
ASSISTANT PROVINCIAL GRAND MASTER
Robin was born in 1959 and is married to Julie. They live in Reading and have three grown up sons. Robin is also a very active member of The Scout Association and holds adventurous activities permits for mine exploration and climbing. He is a keen church goer and is a Children’s Church and Youth Alpha leader. Robin runs his own marketing and business development consultancy to small and medium businesses, primarily in the technology sector.
Robin was invested as Assistant Provincial Grand Master on 26th February 2018 by the PGM in the presence of the MW Pro Grand Master. His progress in Freemasonry is as follows:
- Initiated into Kennet Lodge in 1985 and was Master in 1996.
- Joined Berkshire Masters Lodge in 1996 and Berkshire Provincial Grand Stewards’ Lodge in 1990 when he was appointed a Provincial Steward.
- Exalted into Charles Nicholl Chapter in 1993 and was first Principal in 2016 and 2017
- Advanced into The Charles Wilkinson Lodge of Mark Master Masons in 1999
- Joined Thames Rose Croix Chapter in 1997 and was MWS in 2000
- Has served as Secretary of Kennet Lodge and Berkshire Masters Lodge, editor of The Link, and Provincial Communications Officer.
- Provincial Junior Grand Warden 2011
- Past Assistant Grand Director of Ceremonies of UGLE 2014
- Assistant Provincial Grand Master 2017
- Past Senior Grand Deacon of UGLE 2018
WBro David Keys PAGDC, Provincial Grand Secretary email@example.com
WBro Paul Ackland- Snow, PAGSuptWks, Provincial Grand Director of Ceremonies firstname.lastname@example.org
Photographs by WBro Norman Moulsley PJGD